YOU AGREE THAT BY USING THE SITE, ANY APPLICATIONS, AND THE SERVICES YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AND YOU ARE LEGALLY ABLE TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT.
These Terms require the use of arbitration on an individual basis to resolve disputes, rather than jury trials or class actions, and also limit the remedies available to you in the event of a dispute.
Family Law Insider.com provides an online legal portal to give visitors a general understanding of the law and to provide an automated software solution to individuals who choose to prepare their own legal documents. Customer need not download or even license Family Law Insider software. The Site includes general information on commonly encountered legal issues. The Family Law Insider Services also include a review of your answers for completeness, spelling, and for internal consistency of names, addresses and the like. At no time do we review your answers for legal sufficiency, draw legal conclusions, provide legal advice, opinions or recommendations about your legal rights, remedies, defenses, options, selection of forms, or strategies, or apply the law to the facts of your particular situation. Although owned and operated by attorneys, Family Law Insider is not a law firm and will not perform services performed by an attorney. Membership and/or use of this website does not establish an attorney-client relationship between you and any attorney or representative of The Attorney Connection, LLC and/or Family Law Insider. Family Law Insider, its Services, and its forms or templates are not a substitute for the advice or services provided by an attorney with whom you establish an attorney-client relationship.
Family Law Insider strives to keep its legal documents accurate, current and up-to-date. However, because the law changes rapidly, Family Law Insider cannot guarantee that all of the information on the Site or Applications is completely current. However, if you need a certain form, or find that a form on this website appears outdated, you can submit a request for that form online, and we will do our best to provide the requested form, if available. The law is different from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and may be subject to interpretation by different courts. The law is a personal matter, and no general information or legal tool like the kind Family Law Insider provides can fit every circumstance. Furthermore, the legal information contained on the Site and Applications is not legal advice and is not guaranteed to be correct, complete or up-to-date. Therefore, if you need legal advice for your specific problem, or if your specific problem is too complex to be addressed by our tools, you should consult a licensed attorney in your area.
From time to time, Family Law Insider may perform certain attorney access services and introduce our visitors to attorneys through various methods, including but not limited to (i) legal plans, (ii) third party attorney directory listings, and (iii) third party limited scope agreements. At no time is an attorney-client relationship fostered or created with Family Law Insider through the performance of any such services.
This Site and Applications are not intended to create any attorney-client relationship, and your use of Family Law Insider does not and will not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Family Law Insider. Instead, you are and will be representing yourself in any legal matter you undertake through Family Law Insider's legal document service.
Family Law Insider (including it's parent company, representatives, attorneys or other affiliated parties) neither endorses nor warrants the quality or accuracy of the services or information obtained from outside organizations linked from this website. Family Law Insider tries to keep this website up to date, but makes no guarantees about the accuracy of the information on this website. It is not responsible for any consequences that may result from use of the website or reliance on the information provided. If you are unsure whether you should use or rely upon information on this website, speak to an attorney who is licensed to practice law in the State which has jurisdiction over your legal matter.
The membership fee for access to Family Law Insider is not intended to charge for access to any free legal forms provided by any State organizations or State legal websites which may or may not prohibit the sale of free legal forms. The membership fee is based upon the organization and consolidation of legal forms, attorney-prepared legal documents (prepared by private attorneys), legal information and other legal materials, accessible in one location (the membership section of www.FamilyLawInsider.com), as well as access to our legal support team.
When you open an account to use or access certain portions of the Site, Applications, or the Services, you must provide complete and accurate information as requested on the registration form. You will also be asked to provide a user name and password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You may not use a third party's account, user name or password at any time. You agree to notify Family Law Insider immediately of any unauthorized use of your account, user name or password. Family Law Insider shall not be liable for any losses you incur as a result of someone else's use of your account or password, either with or without your knowledge. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by Family Law Insider, our affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents and representatives due to someone else's use of your account or password.
2. Ownership. This Site and Applications are owned and operated by Family Law Insider.com, Inc. All right, title and interest in and to the materials provided on this Site and Applications, including but not limited to information, documents, logos, graphics, sounds and images (the "Materials") are owned either by Family Law Insider or by our respective third party authors, developers or vendors ("Third Party Providers"). Except as otherwise expressly provided by Family Law Insider, none of the Materials may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, displayed, transmitted or distributed in any way and nothing on this Site or on any Applications shall be construed to confer any license under any of Family Law Insider's intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. See the "Legal Contact Information" below if you have any questions about obtaining such licenses. Family Law Insider does not sell, license, lease or otherwise provide any of the Materials other than those specifically identified as being provided by Family Law Insider. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Family Law Insider.
4. Links to Third Party Sites. This Site and Applications may contain links to websites controlled by parties other than Family Law Insider (each a "Third Party Site"). Family Law Insider works with a number of partners and affiliates whose sites are linked with Family Law Insider. Family Law Insider may also provide links to other citations or resources with whom it is not affiliated. Family Law Insider is not responsible for and does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the availability, contents, products, services or use of any Third Party Site, any website accessed from a Third Party Site or any changes or updates to such sites. Family Law Insider makes no guarantees about the content or quality of the products or services provided by such sites. Family Law Insider is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Third Party Site. Family Law Insider is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Family Law Insider of the Third Party Site, nor does it imply that Family Law Insider sponsors, is affiliated or associated with, guarantees, or is legally authorized to use any trade name, registered trademark, logo, legal or official seal, or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the links. You acknowledge that you bear all risks associated with access to and use of content provided on a Third Party Site and agree that Family Law Insider is not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort you may incur from dealing with a third party. You should contact the site administrator for the applicable Third Party Site if you have any concerns regarding such links or the content located on any such Third Party Site.
License to Use.
Family Law Insider grants you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use our forms (the "Forms") for your own personal, internal business use, or if you are an attorney or professional, for your client. Except as otherwise provided, you acknowledge and agree that you have no right to modify, edit, copy, reproduce, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, alter, enhance or in any way exploit any of the Forms in any manner, except for modifications in filling out the Forms for your authorized use. You shall not remove any copyright notice from any Form.
Resale of Forms Prohibited.
By ordering or downloading Forms, you agree that the Forms you purchase or download may only be used by you for your personal or business use or used by you in connection with your client and may not be sold or redistributed without the express written consent of Family Law Insider.com.
6. DISPUTE RESOLUTION BY BINDING ARBITRATION
Please read this carefully. It affects your rights.
Most customer concerns can be resolved quickly and to the customer's satisfaction by calling our Customer Care Center at (303) 667-1453. In the unlikely event that the Family Law Insider Customer Care Center is unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction (or if Family Law Insider has not been able to resolve a dispute it has with you after attempting to do so informally), we each agree to resolve those disputes through binding arbitration or in small claims court rather than in a court of general jurisdiction. Arbitration is less formal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, allows for more limited discovery than a court does, and is subject to very limited review by courts. Any arbitration under these Terms will take place on an individual basis; class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted. While in some instances, upfront costs to file an arbitration claim may exceed similar costs to bring a case in court, for any non-frivolous claim that does not exceed $75,000, Family Law Insider will pay all costs of the arbitration. Moreover, in arbitration you may recover attorney's fees from Family Law Insider to the same extent or more as you would in court. The arbitrator shall apply the same limitations period that would apply in court.
Under certain circumstances (as explained below), Family Law Insider will pay you more than the amount of the arbitrator's award and will pay your attorney (if any) his or her reasonable attorney's fees if the arbitrator awards you an amount greater than what Family Law Insider offered you to settle the dispute.
You may speak with independent counsel before using this Site or completing any purchase.
(a) Family Law Insider and you agree to arbitrate all disputes and claims between us before a single arbitrator. The types of disputes and claims we agree to arbitrate are intended to be broadly interpreted. It applies, without limitation, to:
For the purposes of this Arbitration Agreement, references to "Family Law Insider," "you," and "us" include our respective subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, employers, business partners, shareholders, predecessors in interest, successors, and assigns, as well as all authorized or unauthorized users or beneficiaries of services or products under these Terms or any prior agreements between us. Beneficiaries include, but are not limited to, those named in an estate planning document.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may bring an individual action in small claims court. This arbitration agreement does not preclude your bringing issues to the attention of federal, state, or local agencies. Such agencies can, if the law allows, seek relief against us on your behalf. You agree that, by entering into these Terms, you and Family Law Insider are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. These Terms evidence a transaction or website use in interstate commerce, and thus the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”) governs the interpretation and enforcement of this provision. This arbitration provision will survive termination of these Terms.
(b) A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send, by U.S. certified mail, a written Notice of Dispute ("Notice") to the other party. A Notice to Family Law Insider should be addressed to: Notice of Dispute, General Counsel, The Attorney Connection, LLC at 200 S. Wilcox St. #156, Castle Rock, CO 80104 (the "Notice Address"). The Notice must (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute and (b) set forth the specific relief sought ("Demand"). If Family Law Insider and you do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within 30 days after the Notice is received, you or Family Law Insider may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by Family Law Insider or you shall not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator determines the amount, if any, to which you or Family Law Insider is entitled.
You may download or copy a form to initiate arbitration from the American Arbitration Association ("the AAA") website at https://www.adr.org.
(c) You hereby agree that, in the event that you submit a dispute and are found to be entitled to relief, under not circumstances will you be entitled to receive any amount beyond the total amount you have paid to The Attorney Connection, LLC through your Family Law Insider membership.
(d) Although under some laws either party may have a right to an award of attorney's fees and expenses if it prevails in an arbitration proceeding, neither party will not seek such an award, for claims under $1,000.
(e) The arbitrator may award injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party's individual claim. YOU AND FAMILY LAW INSIDER AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITIES AND NOT AS PLAINTIFFS OR CLASS MEMBERS IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING OR IN THE CAPACITY OF A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL. Further, unless both you and Family Law Insider agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person's claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. The arbitrator may award any relief that a court could award that is individualized to the claimant and would not affect other customers. Neither you nor we may seek non-individualized relief that would affect other customers. If a court decides that applicable law precludes enforcement of any of this paragraph's limitations as to a particular claim for relief, then that claim (and only that claim) must be severed from the arbitration and may be brought in court.
(f) If the amount in dispute exceeds $75,000 or either party seeks any form of injunctive relief, either party may appeal the award to a three-arbitrator panel administered by AAA by a written notice of appeal within thirty (30) days from the date of entry of the written arbitration award. An award of injunctive relief shall be stayed during any such appeal. The members of the three-arbitrator panel will be selected according to AAA rules. The three-arbitrator panel will issue its decision within one hundred and twenty (120) days of the date of the appealing party's notice of appeal. The decision of the three-arbitrator panel shall be final and binding, subject to any right of judicial review that exists under the FAA.
(g) Notwithstanding any provision in the applicable Terms to the contrary, we agree that if we make any future change to this arbitration provision (other than a change to any notice address, website link or telephone number provided herein), that change will not apply to any dispute of which we had written notice on the effective date of the change. Moreover, if we seek to terminate this arbitration provision, any such termination will not be effective until at least thirty (30) days after written notice of such termination is provided to you, and shall not be effective as to disputes which arose prior to the date of termination.
Rights and Responsibilities of Family Law Insider.
Family Law Insider is not the publisher or author of the User Content. Family Law Insider takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
Although we cannot make an absolute guarantee of system security, Family Law Insider takes reasonable steps to maintain security. If you have reason to believe system security has been breached, contact us by email for help.
If Family Law Insider's technical staff finds that files or processes belonging to a member pose a threat to the proper technical operation of the system or to the security of other members, Family Law Insider reserves the right to delete those files or to stop those processes. If the Family Law Insider technical staff suspects a user name is being used by someone who is not authorized by the proper user, Family Law Insider may temporarily disable that user's access in order to preserve system security. In all such cases, Family Law Insider will contact the member as soon as feasible.
Family Law Insider has the right (but not the obligation), in our sole and absolute discretion, to edit, redact, remove, re-categorize to a more appropriate location or otherwise change any User Content.
Rights and Responsibilities of Family Law Insider Users or Other Posters of User Content.
You are legally and ethically responsible for any User Content - writings, files, pictures or any other work - that you post or transmit using any Family Law Insider service that allows interaction or dissemination of information. In posting User Content, you agree that you will not submit any content:
Attorneys that submit User Content and provide advice do so at their own risk.
Under United States federal law, you retain copyright on all works you create and post as User Content, unless you choose specifically to renounce it. In posting a work as User Content, you authorize other members who have access to that service to make personal and customary use of the work, including creating links or reposting, but not otherwise to reproduce or disseminate it unless you give permission for such dissemination.
You grant Family Law Insider a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, sell, distribute, and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium, or technology throughout the world without compensation to you. You have the right to remove any of your works from User Content at any time.
You are not required to provide your real name when signing up as a user of Family Law Insider. Family Law Insider permits anonymous or pseudonymous accounts. Any user may request that such member's email address be hidden to provide for additional privacy.
Ratings and reviews will generally be posted in two to four business days.
By submitting your email address in connection with your rating and review, you agree that Family Law Insider may use your email address to contact you about the status of your review and other administrative purposes.
9. NO WARRANTY. THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, AND ALL MATERIALS, DOCUMENTS OR FORMS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, FAMILY LAW INSIDER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
FAMILY LAW INSIDER MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT: (A) THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR THE MATERIALS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; (C) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR ANY MATERIALS OFFERED THROUGH THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS, WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR IN RELIANCE ON THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
OBTAINING ANY MATERIALS THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND AT YOUR OWN RISK. FAMILY LAW INSIDER SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR SOFTWARE.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION. EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, YOU WILL HOLD FAMILY LAW INSIDER AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS HARMLESS FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE, HOWEVER IT ARISES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES AND ALL RELATED COSTS AND EXPENSES OF LITIGATION AND ARBITRATION, OR AT TRIAL OR ON APPEAL, IF ANY, WHETHER OR NOT LITIGATION OR ARBITRATION IS INSTITUTED), WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY CLAIM FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, ARISING FROM THIS AGREEMENT AND ANY VIOLATION BY YOU OF ANY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS, STATUTES, RULES, OR REGULATIONS, EVEN IF FAMILY LAW INSIDER HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, IF THERE IS LIABILITY FOUND ON THE PART OF FAMILY LAW INSIDER, IT WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THE PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES, AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THERE BE CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE PRIOR LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS PARAGRAPH DOES NOT APPLY TO NORTH CAROLINA CONSUMERS.
Although The Attorney Connection, LLC makes reasonable efforts to keep material on this web site current, please understand that laws, regulations, other legal authorities and other information change quickly and may not be fully reflected on this site without delay. Therefore, you should not act upon any information on this website without seeking professional counsel. The The Attorney Connection, LLC makes no warranties, representations or claims of any kind with respect to any of the information on this web site, including without limitation the accuracy, completeness and suitability for any purpose of this information. Under no circumstance shall The Attorney Connection, LLC or any of its partners, associates, consultants or agents involved in the creation or delivery of the material on this web site be liable to you or anyone else as a result of damages from your access or use of material on this web site.
11. Unsolicited Submissions. Except as may be required in connection with your use of Family Law Insider Services, Family Law Insider does not want you to submit confidential or proprietary information to us through this Site or any Applications. All comments, feedback, information or material submitted to Family Law Insider through or in association with this Site shall be considered non-confidential and Family Law Insider's property. By providing such submissions to Family Law Insider you hereby assign to Family Law Insider, at no charge, all worldwide right, title and interest in and to the submissions and any intellectual property rights associated therewith. Family Law Insider shall be free to use and/or disseminate such submissions on an unrestricted basis for any purpose. You acknowledge that you are responsible for the submissions that you provide, including their legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and content.
12. Compliance with Intellectual Property Laws. When accessing Family Law Insider or using the Family Law Insider legal document preparation Service, you agree to obey the law and you agree to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Service and the Site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright, trademark and other intellectual property ownership. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit or otherwise distribute any information or content in violation of any third party's copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any content you provide or transmit or that is provided or transmitted using your Family Law Insider user account.
Family Law Insider has adopted a policy that provides for the immediate removal of any content, article or materials that have infringed on the rights of Family Law Insider or of a third party or that violate intellectual property rights generally. Family Law Insider's policy is to remove such infringing content or materials and investigate such allegations immediately.
14. Compliance with Export Restrictions. You may not access, download, use or export the Site, Applications, or the Materials in violation of United States export laws or regulations or in violation of any other applicable laws or regulations. You agree to comply with all export laws and restrictions and regulations of any United States or foreign agency or authority and to assume sole responsibility for obtaining licenses to export or re-export as may be required. You acknowledge and agree that the Materials are subject to the United States Export Administration Laws and Regulations and agree that none of the Materials or any direct product therefrom is being or will be acquired for, shipped, transferred or re-exported, directly or indirectly, to proscribed or embargoed countries or their nationals or used for any prohibited purpose.
15. Personal Use. The site is made available for your personal use on your own behalf.
16. Children. Minors are not eligible to use the Site or Applications and we ask that they do not submit any personal information to us.
17. Non-English-Speaking Customers. Certain materials on the Family Law Insider site, including but not limited to questionnaires, documents, instructions, and filings, are only available in English. Non-English translations of these Terms, as well as other terms, conditions, and policies, are not necessarily provided. If provided, in the event of any ambiguity or conflict between translations, the English version is authoritative and controls.
18. Customers Needing Extra Assistance. Family Law Insider aims to provide full access to its website and product offerings regardless of disability. If you are unable to read any part of the Family Law Insider website, or otherwise have difficulties using the Family Law Insider website, please call (303) 667-1453 and our customer care team will assist you.
20. Copyrights. All Site design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright ©, Family Law Insider.com, The Attorney Connection, LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
21. Trademarks. The Attorney Connection, The Attorney Connection, LLC, Family Law Insider, FamilyLawInsider.com, logo, all images and text, and all page headers, custom graphics and button icons are service marks, trademarks and/or trade dress of The Attorney Connection, LLC. All other trademarks, product names and company names or logos cited herein are the property of their respective owners.
22. Attorney Access Services; Use of Term "Experience."The term "experience" or "experienced," as used on the Site, Applications, and in other communications in reference to third party attorneys participating in Family Law Insider's legal plans or other attorney access services means that the legal plan primary handling partner of each law firm fulfills the following: (a) possesses a minimum of five years' experience practicing law, (b) maintains errors and omissions insurance policies consistent with industry standards, (c) is in good standing with the state bar in each jurisdiction in which the attorney is licensed to practice, (d) has no pending malpractice lawsuit, as of the date of joining one of Family Law Insider's legal plans, and (e) has no public record of discipline by a state bar within the last five years. The term "experience" or "experienced" is not intended to be a comparison to any other attorney's services or qualifications.
23. Use of Testimonials and Media Endorsements. The media hosts on the Site endorse Family Law Insider as paid spokespeople in our advertising campaigns.
24. Inquiries. BY USING FAMILY LAW INSIDER'S SERVICES OR ACCESSING THE FAMILY LAW INSIDER SITE OR APPLICATIONS, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT THAT SUBMITTING YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER TO FAMILY LAW INSIDER VIA THE FAMILY LAW INSIDER SITE OR APPLICATIONS CONSTITUTES AN INQUIRY TO FAMILY LAW INSIDER, AND THAT FAMILY LAW INSIDER MAY CONTACT YOU AT THE NUMBER SUBMITTED EVEN IF SUCH NUMBER APPEARS ON ANY STATE OR FEDERAL DO NOT CALL LISTS (TAKING INTO ACCOUNT INQUIRY EXCEPTION TIME FRAMES AS APPROPRIATE).
25. Right to Refuse. You acknowledge that Family Law Insider reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and to cancel user access at any time.
26. Your account
To use Family Law Insider – as a paid subscriber or as part of an unpaid trial run — you will need to create an account and provide certain registration information. As per our Terms and Conditions, you acknowledge that you are responsible for keeping your account and password secure, with carefully restricted access. You agree to accept responsibility for all purchases and other activities that occur under your account. Family Law Insider reserves the right to deny or cancel orders, and Family Law Insider may, in its sole discretion, terminate or suspend accounts. In the event that Family Law Insider terminates your account due to a actual or suspected violation of the Terms and Conditions or Payment Terms, products and services purchased in according with these Payment Terms or Terms and Conditions may be forfeited without any refund.
Family Law Insider accepts various forms of payment, as set forth on the Family Law Insider Site from time to time. The terms of your payment will be based on your Payment Method and may be determined by agreements between you and the financial institution, credit card issuer or other provider of your chosen Payment Method. By subscribing to Family Law Insider or submitting an order for other paid services offered through the Services, you authorize Family Law Insider, or its designated payment processor, to charge the account you specify for the purchase amount. If we, through the Payment Processor, do not receive payment from you, you agree to pay all amounts due on your Billing Account upon demand. All payments are to be made in the currency designated by us.
We use a third-party payment processor (the “Payment Processor”) to bill the payment method you provide (your “Billing Account”) for use of the Paid Services . The processing of payments will be subject to the terms, conditions and privacy policies of the Payment Processor in addition to this Agreement. We are not responsible for any error by the Payment Processor. By choosing to use Paid Services, you agree to pay us, through the Payment Processor, all charges at the prices then in effect for any use of such Paid Services in accordance with the applicable payment terms and you authorize us, through the Payment Processor, to charge your chosen payment provider (your “Payment Method”). You agree to make payment using that selected Payment Method. We reserve the right to correct any errors or mistakes that it makes even if it has already requested or received payment.
If you enroll for subscription-based Paid Services, you authorize Family Law Insider or its payment processor to charge the applicable recurring subscription fees to your designated billing payment method. When you initially subscribe to such Paid Services, you will be charged immediately for the initial period of the subscription at the then-current fee. Some of the Paid Services may consist of an initial period, for which there is a one-time charge, followed by recurring periodic charges as specified on the Services. Memberships renews automatically (at the same amount as the original amount when you initially started your membership), beginning one month (or every 3 months if you selected the Premium Membership - value plan) after your initial subscription date, and every subsequent period thereafter, until/unless you cancel at least 2 business days before the automatic renewal date. By choosing a recurring membership payment plan, you acknowledge that such Services have an initial and recurring payment feature and you accept responsibility for all recurring charges prior to cancellation. Billing is not prorated. If you cancel after your monthly subscription fee has been processed, you will receive membership benefits for the entire billing period for which you paid, after which no further payments will be processed.
WE MAY SUBMIT PERIODIC CHARGES FOR SUBSCRIPTION-BASED PAID SERVICES (E.G., MONTHLY FEES) WITHOUT OBTAINING ANY FURTHER AUTHORIZATION FROM YOU, UNTIL YOU PROVIDE PRIOR NOTICE (RECEIPT OF WHICH IS CONFIRMED BY US) THAT YOU HAVE TERMINATED THIS AUTHORIZATION OR WISH TO CHANGE YOUR PAYMENT METHOD. SUCH NOTICE WILL NOT AFFECT CHARGES SUBMITTED BEFORE WE REASONABLY COULD ACT. TO TERMINATE YOUR AUTHORIZATION OR CHANGE YOUR PAYMENT METHOD,
To Cancel Membership:
To cancel your Family Law Insider membership, do one of the following at least 48 hours prior to your next membership renewal date: 1) Email "Cancel Services" to firstname.lastname@example.org; or 2) Submit the form "Contact Legal Support" on our website, and type "Cancel Services" in the comments section. If your request for cancellation is received less than 48 hours prior to your scheduled renewal date, your payment may process and you will receive membership for that additional period, after which your membership will then be cancelled.
Updated November 17, 2020.